SONY ANNOUNCES XPERIA™ XZ3, THE FIRST SMARTPHONE TO FEATURE THE BEAUTY OF SONY OLED DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY POWERED BY SONY BRAVIA TV IMAGE PROCESSING
- The first smartphone to come equipped with a 6-inch QHD+ HDR OLED display powered by Sony Bravia TV image processing technology that
stunningly renders images and videos.
- Sleek design features a frame made from all-new 7000-series aluminum alloy, one of the highest-strength aluminum alloy materials available
- Exclusive Xperia Ear Duo pre-order bundlei available from Amazon.com starting September 24, 2018
San Mateo, California August 30, 2018 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) is pleased to announce that Xperia XZ3, the latest smartphone from Sony and the first to come equipped with a QHD+ HDR OLED display, will be available in the United States from Amazon and Best Buy starting October 17, 2018 at a suggested retail price of $899.99. The new innovative flagship smartphone will also be available for pre-order from Amazon starting September 24, 2018. When pre-ordered from Amazon, Xperia XZ3 comes bundled with Xperia Ear Duo for the same price of $899.99 (while supplies last).
Powered by Sony’s Bravia TV technology, the screen on the Xperia XZ3 reproduces a dazzling range of vivid, natural colors as each OLED pixel lights up independently to deliver more accurate detail, depth, and texture in every scene. In addition, with Triluminos Display for mobile, the color reproduction technology enriches the viewing experience by delivering a wider palette of colors and more natural shades and hues. The X-Reality for mobile image processing engine further enhances the images and videos by making pictures look sharper, reducing noise, improving contrast, and finetuning saturation. Displaying a brilliant view at any angle and lifelike scenes with absolute blacks, the screen on Xperia XZ3 does more than just showcase beautiful pictures – it reveals image and videos that are stunningly realistic.
The sleek design of the Xperia XZ3 complements the OLED display, with both the front and back of the device encased in elegant yet robust Corning Gorilla 3D Glass 5 that is durable and also allows for seamless wireless charging and smooth cellular transmissions. The frame is made of an all-new 7000-series aluminum alloy, one of the highest-strength aluminum alloy materials available. It is highly stress- and crackresistant while remaining lightweight.
The device sports a 6-inch 18:9 display, making the viewing area 11% larger than its Xperia XZ2 predecessor but only 5% bigger in overall size. The speakers are approximately 20% larger, expanding the range of bass and treble frequencies and leading to an overall improvement in volume loudness. The screen size, sound quality enhancements, and durable lightweight nature of Xperia XZ3 make it ideal for watching high-definition Netflix shows, playing games, and listening to music for extended periods.
Xperia XZ3 also features a variety of upgrades and improvements to its system and camera interfaces. The 19MP Motion Eye main camera offers a wealth of innovative features, including 960fps Full HD Super Slow-Motion and 4K HDR video recording. The device has a new streamlined interface for switching easily between photo and video modes and providing access to Google Lens, portrait selfies, and more. Speaking of selfies, the front camera on the Xperia XZ3 has been upgraded to a 13MP F1.9 lens to capture bright, sharp, noiseless images even in low-light conditions. The front camera’s viewfinder has also been improved to simultaneously use bokeh and beauty functions in selfie mode. On the main screen, a new one-handed UI feature, called Side Sense,
makes navigating through the smartphone and accessing key applications much easier by just double-tapping the side of the device.
All of this, plus the latest Android Pie operating system pre-installed and a larger 3330mAh battery capacity, makes Xperia XZ3 a finely tuned, high-performance smartphone with a gorgeous large-screen OLED display that can only come from Sony.
For more information about Xperia XZ3, please visit:
XPERIA XZ3 KEY FEATURES:
- 6-inch, extended 18:9 aspect ratio QHD+ HDR OLED display powered by Bravia image processing technology.
- Durable 3D Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back.
- New sturdy 7000 series aluminum alloy frame.
- IP68 water-resistant.
- Fingerprint sensor.
- 19MP Motion Eye main camera system with 4K HDR recording and 1080p Full HD Super Slow-Motion video capture at 960 frames per second.
- Streamlined camera interface.
- New 13MP F1.9 lens front camera. Bokeh and beauty function features enabled in real-time in front camera interface.
- Larger S-Force Front Surround speakers, delivering expanded range of bass and treble frequencies.
- Innovative force-feedback experience with new Sony Dynamic Vibration System.
- Hi-Res Audio.
- DSEE-HX support.
- Native Android Pie operating system pre-installed.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and 4×4 MIMO.
- 3330mAh battery capacity with Qi wireless charging.
- 4GB RAM/64GB storage with up to 512GB MicroSDXC card support.
- PS4 Remote Play support.
Full specifications for Xperia XZ3 can be found here: