Barcelona, 25th February 2019 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) redefines its smartphone vision with the latest flagship Xperia 1, delivering Sony’s proven professional display and cinematography technologies in a beautiful, sleek smartphone powerhouse.
Table of Contents
Sony Redefines its Smartphone vision with the New Flagship Xperia 1 which Delivers Creative Entertainment Experiences with Unprecedented Professional-Grade Technologies
- World’s first 4K OLED smartphones with 21:9 CinemaWide display (6.5”) and HDR remastering technologies
- World’s first Eye AF in a smartphone with a triple lens camera and up to 10 fps burst shooting with AF/AE tracking for precision focus and exposure
- Enhanced display setting Creator mode (ITU-R BT.2020 support and 10-bit tonal gradation) and new cinema recording function Cinema Pro “Powered by CineAlta” to reflect the creator’s intent
- New Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus, two super mid-range models also feature 21:9 Wide Full HD+ display expands viewing area for enhanced entertainment and is ideal to run two apps simultaneously
- Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus feature a dual camera with Bokeh effect for dramatic shooting experience and Sony’s High-Resolution Audio with DSEE HX and LDAC
Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus – bringing 21:9 Wide Full HD+ display to the super mid-range line
- 21:9 Movie recording in 4K allows you to shoot videos with Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus in the same aspect ratio used by filmmakers. Plus, the multi-aspect ratio lets you choose the ideal image size – for example, choose 21:9 to fill the screen or 1:1 for the perfect Instagram post.
- Dual cameras on both Xperia 10 (13MP+5MP) and Xperia 10 Plus (12MP+8MP) enable you to capture high-quality images with artistic Bokeh effect. Both the main and front cameras feature SteadyShot to capture blur-free videos. Exclusive to Xperia 10 Plus, 2X optical zoom lets you get closer to the action.
- Advanced audio technology with Sony’s High-Resolution Audio and LDAC, so you can hear music in its purest and truest form even if you’re listening wirelessly. Also includes Sony’s Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX) which automatically upscales compressed sound files to near high-resolution sound quality
- Xperia 10 features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform, designed to produce amazing graphics, advanced multimedia experiences, and longlasting battery life (with a 2870mAh battery). Xperia 10 Plus features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform, bringing impressive performance, outstanding image quality, and long-lasting battery life (with a 3000mAh battery).
Xperia 1 comes in Black, Purple, Gray, and White (only Black and Purple available in the U.S.) with Android 9.0 Pie, and will be available in the U.S. from late Spring 2019. Xperia 10 (MSRP $349.99) and Xperia 10 Plus (MSRP $429.99) come in Black, Silver Navy, Pink (Xperia 10 only) and Gold (Xperia 10 Plus only) (only Black and Silver available in the U.S.). Both Xperia 10 and 10 Plus launch on Android 9.0 Pie in the U.S. from March 18, 2019.