The Amazon Echo Studio is the company's latest and most advanced smart speaker, designed to deliver high-quality sound and powerful bass. With support for 3D audio and Dolby Atmos, the Echo Studio promises an immersive listening experience that can fill any room with rich, lifelike sound. In this review, we'll take a closer look at the key features, the design, build quality, sound quality, voice control, smart home integration, and value for money of the Amazon Echo Studio.
It comes with features designed to enhance your listening experience. Here are some of the main aspects of the Echo Studio:
- Support for 3D audio and Dolby Atmos: It is the first Echo device to support 3D audio, which uses advanced algorithms to create a surround sound experience that feels like you're in the middle of the action. It also supports Dolby Atmos, which adds an extra dimension of sound to create a more immersive listening experience.
- Five built-in speakers: It has five built-in speakers, including a 1-inch tweeter, three 2-inch midrange speakers, and a 5.25-inch woofer. The combination of these speakers provides clear, balanced sound across all frequencies.
- 24-bit audio: It supports 24-bit audio, which provides higher-resolution sound than most other smart speakers; This means you'll be able to hear more detail and nuance in your music, making it sound more lifelike.
- Alexa Voice Control: As with all Echo devices, it comes with Alexa, Amazon's voice assistant; This means you can use your voice to control the speaker, play music, get news and weather updates, set alarms and reminders, and much more.
- Smart Home Integration: It can be integrated with other smart home devices, such as lights, thermostats, and security cameras, allowing you to control them with your voice; This makes it easy to create a truly connected home.
Design and Build Quality
The Amazon Echo Studio has a sleek, modern design that will look great in any room of your home. It's available in two colours: black and white. The speaker has a fabric covering that looks and feels high-quality, and it has a circular LED light ring on the top that provides visual feedback when Alexa is in use.
The Echo Studio is also well-built, with a sturdy construction that feels like it will last. The speaker is relatively large, measuring 6.9 inches in diameter and 10.4 inches tall, but it's not too heavy, and you can move it from room to room.
The sound quality of the Amazon Echo Studio is impressive. The five built-in speakers deliver a rich, full-bodied sound and are well-balanced across all frequencies. The bass is deep and powerful, and the mids and highs are crisp and detailed.
The support for 3D audio and Dolby Atmos also adds an extra dimension of sound that makes your music feel more immersive; This is particularly noticeable when listening to music with lots of spatial elements, such as live recordings or songs with multiple instruments.
The Echo Studio also supports 24-bit audio, which provides higher-resolution sound than most other smart speakers; This means you'll be able to hear more detail and nuance in your music, making it sound even more lifelike.
Overall, the sound quality of the Amazon Echo Studio is impressive, and it's one of the best-sounding smart speakers on the market.
Voice Control and Smart Home Integration
As with all Echo devices, the Echo Studio features Alexa, Amazon's voice assistant; This means you can use your voice to control the speaker, play music, get news and weather updates, set alarms and reminders, and much more.
The Alexa voice control on the Echo Studio is reliable, responsive, and easy to use. You can say “Alexa” followed by a command, and the speaker will respond to your request. For example, you can say; Alexa, play some music to play your favourite tunes, or “Alexa, what's the weather today?” to get the current forecast.
The Echo Studio also integrates with other smart home devices, such as lights, thermostats, and security cameras; This allows you to control these devices with your voice, making it easy to create a truly connected home.
Price and Value for Money
The Amazon Echo Studio will set you back $199.99, which is on the higher end of the spectrum for smart speakers. However, considering the high-quality sound and build; and the support for 3D audio and Dolby Atmos, the Echo Studio offers good value for money.
Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Amazon Echo Studio:
- Support for 3D audio and Dolby Atmos provides an immersive listening experience
- Five built-in speakers deliver rich, full-bodied sound
- 24-bit audio provides higher-resolution sound
- Alexa voice control is reliable and easy to use
- Smart home integration allows for a truly connected home
- The price is on the higher end for smart speakers
- Large sizes may not be suitable for all rooms