What’s New EMUI 10?
EMUI is a Huawei-designed user interface that sits on top of Google’s Android. In this case, EMUI 10 works on top of Android 10. Sort of a SKIN you would add to give it some flavour!
Several current devices from Huawei are receiving the EMUI 10 update. More notable is the P30 series smartphones. You can check out the original review titled “OMG! Huawei P30 Pro does it stand up?!” as well as the revisit I’ve done “Revisiting Huawei’s P30 Pro – Amber Sunrise – 5 months later!“.
What’s changed in EMUI 10?
- A magazine designed user interface, which involves a more minimalist layout with more white space between apps, settings and notifications. The reverse is also true when using Dark Mode.
- The user experience now comes with more smooth and dynamic animation effects that can be experienced through hands and eye combination. The feature for UX improvement expands to elastic touch, swiping trajectory movement, and comfortable transition between apps.
- The dark mode is actively optimizing the colour contrast between texts and dark backgrounds. This has for effect to providing better readability, clarity during the night time or in low light conditions.
- New camera options, including new colour grading options and filters. (New Interface)
- Seamless connection to Huawei’s Matebook laptops (similar to Apple’s feature between iOS and macOS), giving you a smartphone screen on your laptop display to drag and drop files, and message people using your keyboard. (Works wonders with the Matebook 13).
- Improved performance: EMUI 10 provides nearly 26% response latency decrease, and 56% latency fluctuation decrease, according to Huawei.
- In the previous version of EMUI, there was only white colour available for Always-on Display (AOD) but with EMUI 10, users can customize their AOD elements with different mixed colours and a new set of options.
- To make the interface more visually friendly, the icons design has received a golden ratio makeover with more rounder shape and sharp appearance.
More security and data privacy
Software update Security: more secure data and privacy formally verified microkernel Uses Huawei’s own self-developed microkernel design, certified as the most secure OS kernel for commercial use.
Improves security when connecting to other Huawei devices, as well as when transferring files between and storing data on other Huawei devices.
Supports app sandboxing capabilities for standardized app permission management and more secure data and privacy protection.
Adds a dropzone for AppAssistant, allowing you to quickly access services such as game acceleration and do-not-disturb.
That sums up the changelog information for the update of EMUI 10. Let’s have a look at the features that are available in this new installment of EMUI.
What’s New EMUI 10? Take a look at what we have right here.
Other Devices scheduled?
On a different note, Huawei does have a number of devices that are also scheduled to get the EMUI 10 update.
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 4e
- Huawei Nova Lite 3
- Huawei Nova 5T
- Huawei P Smart 2019
- Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design
- Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design
I decided to use the title “What’s New EMUI 10?” to focus on the aspect the Huawei intended to deliver. We are seeing a more refined UI, a polished UX giving that natural human flow. We are seeing plenty of performance improvements. The overall refinement is felt throughout.
Source: Huawei EMUI 10