- Bell: Xperia XZ2 starts at $299 on a Premium Plan plus a $200 trade-in offer applies until June 30th. Outright pricing with Bell is $1,099
- Freedom Mobile: Xperia XZ2 starts at $0 on MyTab $20 & $50 plan. Outright pricing with Freedom is $1,000. In addition, Xperia XZ2 will also be available at many The Source locations across Canada.
SONY ANNOUNCES CANADIAN AVAILABILITY FOR NEW FLAGSHIP XPERIA XZ2
In Canada, the Xperia XZ2 will be available in the Liquid Black finish and will be $1,099 outright at Bell and Freedom Mobile starting May 29th.
The Xperia XZ2 features an all-new “ambient flow” approach, premium materials, and IP68 water-resistant design renowned in Xperia smartphones. The advanced design houses Sony’s stunning 18:9 aspect ratio Full HD+ HDR display on the 5.7-inch Xperia XZ2, which produces crisp, clear images and videos. Xperia XZ2 is also equipped with the X-Realityengine to optimize your viewing experience by up-converting any standard dynamic range (SDR) downloaded or streaming videos to a near HDR-quality viewing experience.
S-Force Front Surround speakers deliver clear and more dynamic sound. Highquality audio is also provided via the truly authentic sound of Hi-Resolution Audio together with DSEE HX technology for upscaling. Xperia XZ2 also introduces Sony’s Dynamic Vibration System, a highly advanced visual-sound vibration technology that makes you feel what you hear. It’ll stimulate your senses to deliver more immersive music, video, and gaming experiences.
Xperia XZ2 is equipped with the Sony 19MP Motion Eye camera system and a 1GB memory-stacked camera sensor, which was the world’s first system to deliver 960 fps Super slow-motion video capture in a smartphone. The camera system has been upgraded to now record Super slow motion in either Full HD or HD mode. Also, for the first time ever in a smartphone, the camera captures video in spectacular 4K HDR.
Xperia XZ2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with X20 LTE and will ship with Android 8.0 Oreo. Xperia XZ2 features a large 3180mAh battery and comes with advanced battery features such as Smart Stamina and STAMINA mode, plus Battery Care and Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology.
XPERIA XZ2 KEY FEATURES:
- 7-inch, extended 18:9 aspect ratio HDR Full HD+ display featuring brand new “Ambient Flow” design with durable 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on front and back.
- 19MP Motion Eye main camera system with 1080p Full HD Super slow motion video captures at 960 fps
- 5MP front camera with new selfie 3D capture for scanning your face and posting on Facebook.
- Memory-stacked Motion Eye image sensor with 960 fps Super slow motion video and Predictive Capture capability, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus, anti-distortion shutter, 1/2.3” Exmor RS for mobile memory-stacked sensor.
- Innovative force-feedback experience with Sony’s Dynamic Vibration System – feel every beat, action, and reaction of your music, video, and game.
- S-Force Front Surround speakers.
- Hi-Res Audio.
- DSEE HX support.
- Capture and share 4K HDR resolution videos with better colour, contrast, and detail.
- Up-conversion of SDR streaming and downloaded video into near HDR-quality experiences with X-Reality.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with X20 LTE and 4×4 MIMO. Single SIM slot. 4GB RAM/64GB storage with up to 400GB MicroSDXC card support.
- 3180mAh battery, Smart Stamina and STAMINA mode, plus Battery Care, Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, and Qi wireless charging.
- Android 8.0 Oreo.
- PS4 Remote Play support.
- IP68 water-resistant.
- Always on fingerprint sensor.