I got myself a nifty gadget from Amazon not that long ago and this is a desktop companion of mine. It’s very compact, it offers AC outlets, USB Type C, USB-A ports. Different from your normal power bars this is the Bestek Vertical Powercube review! You get 3 AC outlets, 1 USB-C 3A and 3 2.4A USB-A ports.
The form factor makes this is a must-have accessory as it’s very much a space saver when it comes to providing you all the power that you need at your fingertips. I’ve for my Chromecast plugged into it, my charging hub and a charging USB-C dock wire! This is so versatile I’m considering getting rid of my charging station in the bedroom and replacing it with this solution that I can easily mount on the side of the dresser to hide the cables behind it.
I think the kitchen could also benefit with one of these. I could hook up one and hide the wire underneath the cabinet mount which would allow full access to the AC plugs and USB ports, with some wire clips along the side to hide the wires and making the plugs available on the counter it would look decent and I’d have some charging ports there as well. Most likely because of the Type-C port built-into the unit.BESTEK Vertical Powercube review
Let’s have a quick look at the device:
There are a few ways you can set up yours, while I choose to use the adhesive pad VS mounting it, it still allows for a firm grip on the desk and I can still remove the cube from its holder. The esthetics makes it a nice addition to any office space.
- Output interface: 3 x AC, 3 x USB-A ( auto 2.4A ), 1 x USB-C ( auto 3A )
- AC Input: 15 A, 125V~, 60Hz
- AC Output: 15A, 125V~, 60Hz, 1875W
- USB Input: 100-240V~, 60Hz, 0.7A
- USB Output (Total 4 ports): 5V/5A, 25W
- USB-A Output: 5V/2.4A(Auto)
- USB Type-C Output: 5V/3A(Auto), 15W Max (Not recommended for charging Macbook)
- USB Protections: Overload, short circuit, overvoltage, overcurrent protection
- Surge Protection: 300 Joule
- Cable length: 1.5m/5ft
- Product Dimension: 3.39×3.39×3.09in (with base); 2.59×2.59×2.75in (without base)
It’s currently only available via the Amazon.com site and not the Amazon Canada. However, from the Amazon.com site, you can get it for $22 USD. Which is still a good bargain compared to some of the other products you can get even locally. I highly recommend this as a must-have buy for anyone.
I’ll include a couple of other alternative selections from Amazon Canada which you might be interested in if you the shopping on Amazon.com isn’t your thing.
Amazon Canada Deals check it out!
- Price: CDN$ 32.85
- Belkin BZ103050-TVL 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports, 1-Amp/5-wattPrice: CDN$ 21.49Was: CDN$ 24.99